Residential Efficiency Scorecard
What is the Residential Efficiency Scorecard?
The Residential Efficiency Scorecard, a new Australian-first program available through YESS both in Victoria and in South Australia, rates the energy efficiency and hot water performance of your home and provides tailored recommendations for home upgrade improvements. A Scorecard assessment provides a way of knowing where the majority of energy is used in your home and considers fixed appliances such as heating, cooling and hot water appliances, as well as the construction and design of your home. A Scorecard assessment of your home provides you with an overall star rating out of 10 that represents the average cost of energy for your home. With one star indicating low performance and ten stars indicating high performance. The Victorian Government administers the Scorecard program. Scorecard assessments are carried out by accredited Assessors.
Your Energy Saving Solutions have a team of experienced Scorecard Assessors in South Australia and Victoria.
How long does it take?
A YESS Scorecard Assessment can take between 1.5 hours to 3 hours, onsite depending on the size of the home.
Who should have a scorecard assessment?
Are you concerned about your energy usage?
Is your home too hot in summer and too cold in winter?
Buying a Home?
Building a Home?
Trying to Sell your Home?
What happens at the Assessment?
- An accredited assessor will inspect each room, collecting details of the dimensions, construction and fixed features (e.g. floor area, size of windows, age and your air conditioner’s star rating).
- Outside your home, they will assess the hot water system, eaves and external blinds. They will also have a look in your ceiling space to check the insulation.
- The assessment includes taking photographs of household energy features for quality assurance purposes.
- A final walkthrough with the assessor, where you can ask any questions.
- The Scorecard’s purpose-built software means the results are instantly accessible so you will get immediate feedback from the assessor. You will receive this information in the form of a certificate that gives your home a star rating.
What is assessed?
The Scorecard assessment covers the main drivers of high energy bills: the building itself and fixed features like water and space heating. Nearly half the energy cost of the average Victorian home is space heating (one-third) and water heating (16 per cent)1 . Fixed features impact on energy cost and home comfort over a long period. Improving these features saves you money and may even improve the price if you sell your home.
Scorecard assessments cover the:
- wall, floor and ceiling materials
- windows and eaves
- gaps and cracks
- heating and cooling systems
- hot water systems
- curtains and external blinds
- solar panels
- pools and outdoor spas
Non-fixed appliances like fridges and washing machines are not included.
What happens after the Assessment?
Your Scorecard certificate tells you how the main features of your home rate against a best-in-class benchmark. Improvement options are also recommended for each feature if appropriate.
The Scorecard is designed to provide general upgrade options but does not consider your preferences or financial circumstances.
The options are calculated on the potential to reduce your energy bills rather than the cost or feasibility of getting an upgrade. This allows you the greatest flexibility to make the decisions that suit your home.
To get the best price and advice on your options, it is strongly recommended that you get several quotes for any upgrade.
YESS are able to assist with the following upgrades:
- LED LIGHTING UPGRADE – Downlights/A-bulbs/Floodlights/Fluorescent Tubes
- SOLAR or BATTERY
- HOT WATER SERVICE (Heat Pump Retrofit)
- CEILING INSULATION RETROFIT
- ELECTRICAL WORK
How do I book my assessment?
Call 1300 894 745 or fill in our form. One of our friendly staff members will be in touch to organise your assessment and answer any question you may have.
Updated on 27 November, 2019
The Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES) can mean FREE LED globes for your home. YESS offer the FREE replacement of inefficient light globes for eligible SA homes. But not all light globes are created equal, and not all are covered by REES. Find out if the globes in your home qualify for FREE replacement. Read More